Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY

GO HERE

I'll be back with my words hopefully soon.

If you try the words, feel free to post them in my comments section or in Mumblings or on your own blog and let us know you posted.

Okay, here is my Words For Wednesday story using all 12 words.  Interesting and challenging words you selected for us  Delores!

 
ENCLOSED by Granny Annie

YESTERDAY the heat was EXTREME. The GRAVE seemed to SIZZLE. My PLAID UMBRELLA staved off the blazing sun.

I remembered seeing ROSEMARY when she would WALTZ around a room glowing Her smooth steps never JARRING. She was SPLENDID .

Now I had been forced to look at this boxed corpse. Her once lovely face appeared to be be covered in BLENDED pale PASTE.

Committed to my memory and not the ground, this was not the woman I had loved.

12 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read your story this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am going to try to get one this week. Just got back from Dentist. I broke a tooth yesterday and Doc is two hour round trip. Didn't know when my brain would function again. LOL

      Delete
  2. Ooh! Ouch! Dentist :( I've finally been declared finished with the dentist until my six month check up in July.
    Looking forward to reading your story if you manage one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temporary crown and will get new crown in three weeks. Guess I am royalty with so much crown business. LOL

      Delete
  3. The sorrow felt at the loss of a loved one...memories never fade...nicely expressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely what I thought about my father's fake look in his viewing hours before burial !
    The living always look n dance much prettier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I avoid funerals and I avoid viewing the deceased. Cremate me fast.

      Delete
  5. Are you all right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I am great Cube, though I do understand your concern. LOL!

      Delete
  6. I remember reading this at Delores' site and forgot to leave a comment I think.
    I saw my parents in their coffins and neither was made up, just their natural skin, which was more yellow than I expected and icy cold. I'm told the yellow is what happens when the blood leaves a tanned skin. I thought it would be creepy looking at them, but it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently attended funeral with the casket open. I had to go out the back door rather than parade by the coffin. Living memories are much better to look back on.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com