Frankie and Slim

Frankie and Slim
Happy New Year

Sunday, January 08, 2017

HOW TO MEASURE

This day of the new year 2017 I am filled with love for my two children.  I was blessed with a son and a daughter so I could always tell them "You are my favorite"...son ...daughter.

Their success in life is not measured by their careers, possessions or wealth.  Their success is measured by their own parenting skills.  I always hope I had something do to with that, but I know they were influenced by me, by grandparents, by aunts and uncles and yes, even by their father though he was not in our home. (And was a bit of a rascal to put it mildly.)

They both work hard and they both worry about their old mother.  (Secretly they are drawing straws about who will take me when the time comes.)  I could never be more proud of these two blessings in my life and the added blessings they have bestowed on me in the form of grandchildren.

My daughter and son to the right the rest my treasured grandchildren.  (By the way I burned my blouse when I got home and saw the grandma on EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND wearing the same one!)

15 comments:

  1. Blessings indeed. What a wonderful family.

    Funny tidbit about the blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You burned it? A bit of an over reaction, I'll wager! YOu and I are both blessed with our children. I could ask for no better kids in the world; they are attentive and caring and do everything for me that I can no longer do. It is wonderful feeling to know we will be cafred for in our old age!!

    Thanks for the email. I will write the person in question and explain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely family. You shouldn't have burned that blouse. It needed you to give it a better reputation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks and sounds as though you have a very wonderful and loving family. As others have said, that is indeed a blessing. When it comes to my old age, the only thing my two sisters argue over when it comes to me is which nursing home is the cheapest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your blessed family.
    I am sure your kids love you a lot that is the reason they talk about you. My kids worry about my husband and me too. Age wise we are old, ( my husband 77 and me 65) but we try to keep up with life LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and are wealthy women because we are blessed with loving families.

    Re your shirt: I was wondering why Marie Barone was in your family picture ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. children and grandchildren ARE our greatest legacy, and our greatest blessings. No doubt! Congrats on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a happy looking group, you did very well

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good kids. So many people out there have kids that are bringing them grief. It is so nice not to be part of that group, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a grand looking family. Be proud Grannie. Hey I kind of liked that blouse. You, me and Doris had great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely tribute to your family...and to you...take a bow for a 'job' well done.

    By the way...I still love "Everybody Loves Raymond"...I'm one of those "everybodies"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes we do the best job we can yet our kids still go off and do things that don't make us proud. I'm delighted your son and daughter have turned out so well, you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a lovely family :)
    I have two sons and two daughters, so I couldn't say "you're my favourite..." to any of them.

    Two of them have children of their own and one has excellent parenting skills, the other does the best he can.
    I've given up watching Everybody loves Raymond, there's only so many repeats of repeats that I can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did I miss this post? I'm glad you have such a lovely, close family.

    ReplyDelete

lizziebethgeneral@gmail.com